What is the course about?
This course covers all the scientific foundations needed to understand how Chimeric Antigen Receptor (CAR) T cells are engineered, their mechanism of action, the main challenges associated with CAR T cell therapies and the promises they hold for tomorrow's curative medicine.
This course also includes a first-in-class resource: Biotech Toolboxes. Biotech toolboxes offer different complementary ways to use relevant key terms, essential for mastering the common territory of all biotechnology. These terms constitute a growing Biotech Toolboxes Encyclopedia, a framework for the creation of shareable life sciences knowledge for all stakeholders in healthcare.
Our Video Partner
Special thanks to
Our Industry Partners
What will you learn?
By the end of the course, you will have a clear conceptual understanding of:
- immunological cytotoxicity;
- the main classes of cytotoxic immune system cells;
- the notion of cancer immunosurveillance;
- MHC 1, T cell receptors and T cell cytotoxicity.
In addition, you will learn:
- how CAR T cells are engineered;
- how CAR T cell therapy is administered;
- what side effects it may have and how are these side effects managed;
- what are the limitations of current CAR T cell therapies;
- what may be future CAR T cell therapies and what diseases they may address.
What is the target audience?
- All professionals involved in oncology drug development.
- All biomedical professionals in need of continuing medical education.
- Investors and other enablers of oncology drug pipelines.
- Regulatory affairs and regulatory science professionals.
- Cancer care providers and caregivers that are non-oncologists.
- University students interested in life sciences.
- Anyone with a strong interest in cancer therapies.
What prior knowledge is required?
Prior knowledge of basic cell biology and fundamentals of cancer biology recommended, but not required.
Vanya Loroch, Ph D, Science Storyteller
Helping anyone make total sense of Life Sciences and Biotech in record time. Communicating Science with Swiss precision, American simplicity and Russian emotivity. Helping Science Presenters become Science Storytellers. These are my three jobs and I do them with passion.
To learn more visit www.loroch.ch
IndividualsCourse access including certificate
Get access to the content of the course and verify your course participation and learnings with an official document.