New Business Models – Working Together on Value Creation

Chapters 1 › Unit 1: It's time for your 1st & very important task View instructions Hide instructions

It's time for your 1st & very important task

As you've learnt, the community aspect is very important in this course and when it comes to creating a NBM. So that you success with your model, follow the instructions below, submit your first assignment, copy the link into your discussion forum group and gather and share feedback in the course community.

  1. Think about your initial idea and write it down.

    Here are some additional thoughts for you: What is the community you would like to create or the community you would like to connect your business model to. Who are you going to make your business model for?

  2. Start this journal assignment and share your text with the course community.

  3. Read the instructions in the additional material section and choose a peer group you want belong to.

  4. Copy your link into the discussion thread of your peer group and gather and share feedback.

  5. Check out also other journals and give your colleagues some valuable feedback.

Group - Sharing Natural Catastrophy Risks


This group is dedicated to the discussion of how natural catastrophy risks can be shared by insurance and reinsurance companies in a more efficient manner. Currently less than 40% of a homeowners insurance premium is allocated to the risk bearing enterprise. The other 60% is consumed by frictional costs such as; insurance company operating overhead, brokerage fees and the operating overhead of the reinsurance company.

Your Comment

Please login to leave a comment.