The external sales force
Integrating third parties is one of the most powerful ways to do marketing. Therefore: How can you leverage the external sales force for your brand or product?
CHOOSE 1 OUT OF THE 3 TASKS
1. If you are already working with influencers: Ask questions like...
- Do you give them enough freedom to create content (see Casey Neistat´s talk)
- Is your tracking in place and do you measure the right things?
- Are you going for influence and not for nere follower count?
- Is there anything you can do to better leverage your social media influencers?
2. Think of any opportunity you can add social proof to your marketing activities
This can be as little as adding crowd wisdom like "Join 30.000 happy customers" or adding reviews to your sponsored posts on Facebook. Need some inspiration? Here you go or here or here.
- Identify easy and quick opportunities to integrate social proof into your marketing
- Identify long term opportunities like cooperating with social influencers
- We want it to become a habit of yours to ALWAYS think of adding social proof
What comes next?
TEST, wether those changes make a positive impact!
In this context, we encourage you to read this article from kissmetrics on 7 Things You MUST Understand When Leveraging Social Proof in Your Marketing Efforts (Spoiler: Is No Proof is Better than Low Proof?)
You might also wanna read this study from ConversionXL on Which Types of Social Proof Work Best? --> But: Always test it YOURSELF!
3. How does social proof influence you - as a customer?
- Please pay attention to any social proof you see in marketing campaigns - how are others leveraging the external sales force?
- How does social proof influence your own buying behavior? When you think of your last purchases, what role did it play and what kind of social proof was it?
- We want it to become a habit of yours to ALWAYS think of ways you can add social proof - which is, by the way, not only important for "traditional" branding, but also for personal branding.
External sales force
Social proof plays a big role in my purchase decisions. Reviews and blogs by users carry credibility in my analysis leading to a purchase or a recommendation to a friend.