Gamification for Martina!
Do you remember Martina from chapter 2?
You already defined her learning objectives.
You helped her create a culture of learning.
Now it is time, to think about gamification for her online training and learning. How can you add game elements and motivate her in her learning journey?
Need some inspiration for this journal exercise?
1) Article by John Hagel and John Seely Brown on how the online game World of Warcraft can help promote innovation - even on the job.
2) Knowledge@Wharton writes about how to use gamification in the health care sector in this article published on business insider.
3) Remember the example in our main material from HP? Here is the article by Chanin Ballance to read up upon their case.
4) Thefuntheory.com is a Volkswagen initiative that wants to show how easy it is to support and engage people in simple tasks such as bottle recycling or respecting the speed control.
5) Or watch this video by Khan Academy, explaining some of their gamification elements on their platform:
Video by CenterScene
We are excited to see how we can all help Martina out.
Gamification for Martina
Gamification can be a definite boost for Martina's online learning, and would support the learning objectives as defined before. Ideally, gamification elements should support the following:
1. Allowing for the presentation and easy assimilation of management theory and practices - including time management, task and operations flow, as well as goal and objective defining and monitoring and evaluation (M&E). Gamification could support Martina's appreciation and understanding of the theoretical aspects of management.
2. Simulation could be used to actually subject Martina (though virtually) to the rigors of management and managing staff.
There exists affordable online and custom made software and tools that would allow for the above gamification to be infused in Martina's digital learning experience. iSpring, for example, can allow for customizing power point to accomplish points 1 and 2 above. See http://www.ispringsolutions.com/ispring-suite