This chapter's assignment is all about rethinking your concept.
Use the canvas to reframe the interaction in your design and communicate it using a physical prototype.
Review your design and extend your service to the physical world.
‘Take’ the interaction out of the screen and design a solution that uses an object (other than e.g. a smartphone) or the physical environment (using sensor technology).
Use the prototyping canvas and reposition the goal and purpose of your idea.
Make a physical prototype of your smart object:
- Put together simple three-dimensional representations of your idea. Use paper, cardboard, pipe cleaners, fabric and whatever else you can find. At the start, keep it rough and at a low fidelity. Evolve the resolution over time.
- In case of smart environment/ubiquitous computing concept you can make a maquette.
- Finally, test your service/concept on two users using the physical
prototype with Wizard of Oz techniques.
For peer feedback:
- Upload a photo of your prototype
- Upload a video (or link to video) of a test with your prototype
Now go and make something! Some Things!