Create a journal entry: Define your goals
My goals in learning about Chinese Contemporary Art Award
Hello everybody, my name is Francois Quilliet, I am 34 years old and living in Basel.
I am working as an art consultant, advising collectors on managing their cultural assets.
Lately, I have been working with Chinese Modern & Contemporary Art. I had to travel to HK where I met Pr Danuser and Mr Schindhelm who introduced the coming CCAA courses on iversity.
My goals in learning about CCAA are :
1. To educate myself and improve my knowledge in CCA.
2. To understand the influence of the CCAA and the Ullens Foundation on the CCA itself.
3. To understand how the Jury of the CCAA is formed, if it is connected to the Chinese political spheres and how the Jury members are selecting what is considered as the most influential artists?
4. To understand what are the links in contemporary China between art and politics and how the art and the artists can be used as a media to advocate for political strategies and social policies.
5. To list the controversial issues which are present in CCA, to understand which one are the most sensitive for the authorities and which one are the most successful and considered as influential among collectors.
6. To understand who draw the final line on what artworks could be exhibited or not at the M+ and/or awarded or not by the CCAA.
7. Finally, to constantly learn, to fulfill my curiosity and to get in contact with enlighten teachers and dedicated students which are sharing the same interest.
Thanks and good learning to all,