In this assignment, you will interview peers within your company during a coffee break, at lunch or by scheduling a quick call to find out about their awareness regarding digital transformation within the organization.
You'll have to find interview partners outside your learning group and schedule a 10-15 minute session with them. Try to get at least 3 interviews and take notes. Share your findings with your learning group once you are done.
Here is how to prepare for the interview:
Create an Interview Sheet
It needs an introduction, some general questions and a follow-up.
You'll find an example below. This will help you to stay focused during the interview.
Find / Schedule the Right People at the Right Time
Try to find a person who is not participating in this course (yet). Make sure they have time (10-15) minutes and explain to the person why (s)he is being interviewed.
Ask Open-ended Questions
Try to ask questions starting with "what", "how" or "why". Don't make suggestions or offer options. Let people tell their story. Don't be satisfied with the first answer, but keep digging and asking instead. Your mindset should be that of a curious, 4-year old child (without the nagging bit).
Sample Interview Questions
These serve as an inspiration. Try to create your own interview sheet, focusing on the topics that interest you.
- What do you know about digital transformation?
- What opportunities and challenges do you see in it?
- How much do you know about the company's plans and progress?
- What do you think about the communication in your group?
- What do you think about the collaboration in your group?
- What do you know about the digital transformation efforts here?
- What are your feelings on where we are headed?
- What are your personal challenges within this change?