I work @Partena Ziekenfonds, which is an organisation dealing with the obligatory health care in Belgium. We pay back doctors costs, hospital costs, dental care and also provide several services to our clients.
We have just been started with the integration of blended learning by creating digital starterkits for our employees who have to know a lot of technical knowledge to serve our customers.
I have a lot of experience with setting up digital learning on a concept level. Now we play for real and here are my first impressions.
- Budget : The focus can't be on saving on the L&D budget. The investment on digital learning is continuous. Not in large amounts but an investment budget to faciltate different types of learning.
- Playful : It's not about gamification, which I like and should be integrated, but it's about offering more than the compliance courses. Offer from time to time courses which are outside the scope of your own business or with a weaker link to it.
- Mainstream : First look at the topics which everyone needs to have. Scale will help to convince your management to continue on the digital learning path.
- Lightbite : Create small learning nuggets. My former president of my previous job once told me about 'the 15 minutes of your time' idea and since then I still believe this is the way you can encourage people to start learning in an automated way. Lightbite is like an appetizer. You eat an apple at 10 o'clock, it gives you energy and half an hour later you already forgot that you had that apple, but it keeps you going. The same applies to your learning.
- Enthuse : Create digital learning sources is teamwork. You need your SMEs, they are sometimes too technical, but you have to give them creativity, show them what the possibilities are, think out of the box, let's go wild... This will affect the final product and same will apply to your learners. It's also nice for your technical staff who will be challenged to create something different than just another module. Together with a digital didactics coordinator it will give you more chance to be succesful.
This to just get started. What else would you integrate?