Financial Accountant (m/f)
We are offering a full-time position starting October 2014.
For our branch office in Berlin, we are looking to hire a competent, accurate and enthusiastic Financial Accountant (m/f), to take care of budgetary workflows, invoicing and general maintenance of office spending. You will become part of a fast-growing Internet start-up in one of the hottest cities in Europe. In general, we want someone who can see ways to keep things positive and productive – making sure that everything is in place to make sure the company can maximise its performance.
You will be reporting directly to the Managing Director and will own the full range of accounting. We want you to assume responsibility for the following Financial Accounting core tasks:
- Be the first point of contact for all finance-related requests within the team as well as with external contacts, such as the tax advisor or the tax office.
- Perform functions that include billing, due payment of invoices and refunds, accounting control (incl. updating liquidity forecast), accounts payable, accounts receivable, among others.
- Prepare and submit the monthly VAT filing (in cooperation with our tax consultant).
- Provide overall financial accounting support, including financial reporting, financial analyses and other projects as necessary.
- Participate in the development and modification of accounting/financial policies, procedures, and practices, as necessary.
- Participate in ensuring that accounting/financial standards are maintained. Provide audit support to outside auditors during the year-end and interim financial audits.
- Participate in setting up a system of Internal accounting/budgeting.
- Support in the gradual establishment of an independent bookkeeping system
Further, there is an option to grow within the company by assuming full responsibility of certain aforementioned tasks.
The ideal candidate must be detail oriented with critical thinking skills, able to keep a cool head and working very accurately while multi-tasking. We expect an above-average level of commitment; and you must be a self-starter, working independently and dependably.
- 3+ years of accounting experience. A bachelor’s degree in Finance and Accounting, Economics or a comparable degree is considered a plus.
- High proficiency in German (written and oral) and fluent English is required.
- A solid understanding of the German tax system, rules and regulations, and bookkeeping standards is required.
- Strong computer skills, especially advanced MS Excel.
- You are able to multi-task and work effectively in a team environment, and easily adapt to others and new situations.
- High degree of organisational and time management skills with the ability to independently follow through to the successful completion of projects within a deadline.
- Well developed interpersonal and communication skills, upbeat, friendly, positive attitude and professionalism.
- Agile approach to ever-changing priorities, needs, styles and issues, if not with a smile then at least without resorting to violence. ;-)
- are a globally focused company with an international, interdisciplinary and enthusiastic team.
- offer exciting insights that can only emerge from a fast-paced, high-growth internet start-up.
- offer an attractive environment and the possibility to learn from challenging problems and learning experiences that will last you a lifetime.
- enable you to grow with the company, giving you a perspective to assume more responsibilities and in a future scenario manage a small team of your own.
- offer competitive pay.
How you apply:
Send your complete application documents (cover letter including your salary expectation, CV and credentials) in one pdf-file with the keyword “Financial Accountant “ to Elke Henning, firstname.lastname@example.org.