Academic Director (m/f)
We are offering a full-time position starting asap.
For our branch office in Berlin, we are looking to hire a goal-driven, tenacious and well connected Academic Director (m/w), to co-head the Academic Partnerships team. This team is in charge of sourcing and shaping the content for our platform: from course acquisition to course development and instructor support as well as course evaluation and monetisation. You will become part of a fast-growing Internet start-up in one of the hottest cities in Europe. In general, we want someone who brings an extensive network in the academic field and the creativity and commercial drive to help us grow – making sure the company can maximise its performance.
The Academic Partnerships team is headed by two directors, one of them taking a strategic outlook, focusing on establishing new partnerships, deal-making and stakeholder management, the other one being in charge of the internal management, focusing on staff management and team leadership, ensuring the team’s KPI/OKR are met.
While the latter position is filled, we are looking for the ideal candidate to fit the first.
- define the overall content and partnership strategy (in line with the overall company strategy).
- shape and refine the value proposition to our university partners by designing a comprehensive partnership model.
- uncover key partnership opportunities, aimed at generating revenue.
- pitch to, negotiate over and close partnerships with institutions around the globe, but especially within the European Union.
- work out how iversity online courses can integrate with European higher education infrastructure (especially the ECTS) and the existing framework of quality assurance.
- represent iversity at high-level conferences giving presentations and joining panel discussions to explain our vision and mission.
- collaborate with your co-director in defining KPIs and setting OKRs against which the team’s as well as individual performance will be measured.
- assist the top-level management with PR-initiatives such as giving interviews, writing op-eds or publishing white papers.
In this vibrant, but also challenging role, you do not simply execute according to an existing pre-defined model. We are inventing, conceptualising, prototyping and explaining a wholly new product category in the newly emergent market for online education. You will continuously have to reevaluate and refine our partnership strategy to adapt it to new insights. Get ready for a fast-paced environment and the opportunity to help shape the future of European higher education.
- have 7+ years or work experience in higher education or related fields, having both an extensive network in as well as a strong knowledge of the higher education space and a deep understanding for the inner workings and decision-making processes of academia.
- have deep experience in partnership development, client engagement planning, and a successful track record in sales, strategic partnership and / or campaign planning.
- possess superior interpersonal, communication and presentation skills (in English and preferably German), and the ability to discuss the digitalisation of higher education and learning with high level executives and educators.
- are a team player with an upbeat, friendly, positive attitude and professionalism, and have experience with leading a team.
- bring a high degree of organisational and time management skills with a keen sense of priorities and the ability to independently follow through to the successful completion of projects within a deadline.
A Master’s degree is a requirement, advanced academic credentials such as a Ph.D. are considered an asset.
- are a globally focused company with an international, interdisciplinary and enthusiastic team.
- offer exciting insights that can only emerge from a fast-paced, high-growth internet start-up.
- offer an attractive environment and the possibility to learn from challenging problems and learning experiences that will last you a lifetime.
- offer competitive pay and an employee bonus scheme.
How you apply:
Send your complete application documents (cover letter including your salary expectation, CV and credentials) in one pdf-file with the keyword “Academic Director“ to Julia Bader, firstname.lastname@example.org.