For our branch office in Berlin, we are looking to hire a talented, flexible and energetic Head of Office Operations to take care of the office environment, HR and internal communication. You will become part of a fast-growing Internet start-up in one of the hottest cities in Europe. In general, we want someone who can see ways to keep things positive and productive – making sure that everything is in place to make sure the company can maximise its performance.
You will be reporting directly to the Managing Director and will own ALL things office related and be responsible for the organisation and implementation of all daily administrative operational functions and activities. Additionally, you will take care of staff recruiting and HR management. You will be managing an intern who will assist you and there is a future option to hire an office assistant, who would also report to you. Tasks and responsibilities would consist of:
- Be the heart and soul of the company, serving as the go-to person for all staff office needs, as well as supporting office team spirit and company cultures.
- Making sure the office conditions and facilities are optimal.
- Inventory management of all office supplies.
- Represent iversity when greeting guests, answering the phone, controlling correspondence.
- Manage and improve our recruiting process (publishing job ads, pre-screening applications, overseeing staff on-boarding, assisting with relocation) and present iversity as an attractive employer.
- Manage and improve our HR management (remuneration, appraisal, training and personal development).
- Organise employee events, assists with the coordination and execution of other events, staff travel organisation, and further administrative assistance.
- Assist the Managing Directors in drafting monthly management reports and investor related documents.
- Oversee legals, contract management and record keeping.
- And other daily surprise duties. ;-)
The ideal candidate must be detail and process oriented, able to keep a cool head while multi-tasking and taking great pride in the care of our office and employees (currently 30+). You must be a self-starter, love digging in to unearth needs, build relationships and improve efficiencies.
- 2+ years office management and administrative experience in a start-up environment is a big plus.
- High proficiency in German and English (written and oral) is required.
- Experience in recruitment and HR is desired.
- Experience in Corporate Law is desired.
- Basic experience in accounting, preparing corporate presentations and management reports is desired.
- Desire to assist others and take on additional responsibilities in order to help iversity grow.
- High degree of organisational and time management skills with the ability to independently follow through to the successful completion of projects within a deadline.
- Well developed interpersonal and communication skills, upbeat, friendly, positive attitude and professionalism.
- Agile approach to ever-changing priorities, needs, styles and issues, if not with a smile then at least without resorting to violence. ;-)
- are a globally focused company with an international, interdisciplinary and enthusiastic team.
- offer exciting insights that can only emerge from a fast-paced, high-growth internet start-up.
- offer an attractive environment and the possibility to learn from challenging problems and learning experiences that will last you a lifetime.
- enable you to grow with the company, giving you a perspective to assume more responsibilities and in a future scenario manage a small team of your own.
- offer competitive pay.
How you apply:
Send your complete application documents (cover letter including your salary expectation, CV and credentials) in one pdf-file with the keyword “Head of Office Operations“ to Julia Bader, firstname.lastname@example.org.