About this course
The third part of the MOOC series "Web Engineering" completes our Web Engineering Specialisation Program:
- Web Engineering I: Basics of Web Development (level 1 = beginners)
- Web Engineering II: Developing Mobile HTML5 Apps (level 2 = intermediate)
- Web Engineering III: Web Application Quality Assurance (level 3 = advanced)
In this part of the course, you will master the maintenance challenges that come with continuously building, testing, and deploying HTML5 apps. In addition, you have the opportunity to particpate in an offshore development project for two weeks in September. This project will prove that you have learnt the tools and skills necessary for a Web professional.
What will I learn?
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Prepare virtual environments for developing, testing, and deploying Web apps
- Know how to compile test plans and scripts for performance and browser testing of Web apps
- Install, configure, and use tools for build automation and QA processes
Provided that you take part in the offshore Scrum development project, you will learn the tools and skills for Web app development in a distributed team in a continuous delivery environment.
What do I have to know?
You must have a profound knowledge of developing Web apps. For the learning objectives of build automation and quality assurance, it is necessary to provide a working Web app of your own. This is either the mash-up app participants developed in Web Engineering II as term project or any meaningful Web app you have developed elsewhere. Your app must be Open Source.
Approximately 8 hours per week.
Do I get a certificate?
- Students participating in this course can earn the official Statement of Participation for free. Requirements for receiving the Statement of Participation are to participate in 80% of the course, e.g. watching lecture videos, completing quizzes and homework assignments.
- Additionally, students can register for a Certificate of Accomplishment. Requirements for receiving the Certificate of Accomplishment are to pass a professionally graded final assignment.
Further information on how to register for the Certificate of Accomplishment will be given once the course begins.