Find the stocks
This exercise will help you practice identifying stocks in a situation. This online news article is about the contaminated Sea of Kiev. How many stocks can you find in this article? Draw the stock and its main inflow.
Hint: Stocks are measured at a point in time, and not over time. You can refer to the document "Stocks and flows" in the additional materials.
A suggested solution is available in the references section.
Stocks and Flows for water and fish in the Sea of Kiev
List of stocks:
• Volume of water in the Sea of Kiev
• Volume of mud in the Sea of Kiev
• Level of radioactivity in the lake water
• Level of radioactivity in the lake mud
• Amount of contaminated components in the lake mud
• Number of fish in the lake
• Quantity of water plants in the lake
Stocks and Flows for "volume of water" and "fish in the lake":