Über den Kurs
In this first part of Vehicle Dynamics, we illuminate the longitudinal dynamic aspects of vehicles. Clear and brief: acceleration and braking. In Detail: After an introduction, we will look at driving resistances and slip, explain the demand of power and limits of a car, then clarify the needs for a clutch and gears and look at the rear and front weights during acceleration and braking. The course will be finished by two applications from automotive mechatronics.
What will I learn?
By the end of the course you will …
- understand basic principles of accelerating and braking a car.
- know the driving resistances and their influences on vehicle dynamics.
- understand the discrepancy between demands and limits of powertrain.
- understand the necessity of gears and clutch.
- understand the correlation between braking, wheel load and recovery of energy.
- be able to calculate simple properties of a car.
What do I have to know?
Some basic understanding of the following subjects will help you successfully participate in this course: Algebra; Trigonometric Functions; Differential Calculus; Linear Algebra; Vectors; Coordinate Systems; Force, Torque, Equilibrium; Mass, Center of Gravity, Moment of Inertia; Method of Sections, Friction, Newton's Law, (Lagrange's Equation)
Approx. 3 hours per week and exam preparation
Do I get a certificate?
Students participating in this course can earn the official Statement of Participation.
Requirements for receiving the Statement of Participation are to participate in the final exam.